Wednesday, July 30, 2008

10K Training - Week 1 Run 2

This morning's run was much better. No, it was pretty great! I guess I am a morning person :) I was out the door before 7 a.m., warmed up with a 1/4 mile walk, then was off. I ran for just over 26 minutes. I am using Jeff Galloway's 10K training plan (starting on week 3 since I only have 11 weeks to the race) because I need to focus on building endurance, not speed work. I like how the easy runs are time based instead of distance. This helps me focus on just running. I barely even looked at my pace the entire time--because I knew it was wicked slow but I didn't care. I just wanted to ease back into running. Today's plan called for 25-30 minutes. I was going to stop at 25 because I was getting tired and I didn't want to push too much too soon, but I had to go the extra minute or so to make it to 1.75 miles. I like distances in 1/4 mile increments ;)

The run was relatively pain free, until my right ankle started to hurt about 10 minutes in. The pain is actually on the left side of my right food near the ankle. It only hurts when I run. I stopped for 30 seconds or so, walked it out, stretched a bit, and it went away. I got it again towards the end of the run, but was completely gone by the time I finished my 1/2 mile cool down walk. So it must be something with my form.

Any runners out there reading this have any ideas what it could be and how to avoid it?

It sure feels great to get back out there and be running/biking again. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails