Thursday, July 3, 2008

Running 3 days in a row

Today was my 3rd run of the week, and the 3rd day I run in a row, as part of Hal Higdon's Spring Training Novice training plan. I have to be honest, I didn't think I'd be able to do it. Well, not physically, but I questioned whether running 3 days in a row was wise. And you know what, the 1st run was the hardest. They got way easier after that--go figure.

Yesterday was 3 miles, and I almost didn't do it because I felt crappy when I woke up. But I was already up and thought maybe the run would make me feel better. I ran slow and steady, took a 1-minute walk break after mile 1 and 2 and it it was a great pain free run.

Today was a similar story. I got a late start, but because it was only a 1.5 mile run, I went out anyway. I pushed myself a little bit more because it was a shorter run and it felt really good. Again, no pains of any kind and I was a bundle of energy afterwards. Lets hope this streak continues for my 4 mile long run this weekend.

I can't decide how often to blog about my runs. I know some people blog after every single run, but I also blog about them at the Virtual Run Club so it feels redundant to do it here too, even though I know not everyone reads that too. Maybe I'll just do weekly summaries or blog about particularly good (or bad) runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails