Monday, September 19, 2011

Marathon 2 Training - Week 16

Seems I overdid it a bit on cross training last week, so this week I was a bit burnt out and chose extra rest instead in preparation for running 23 miles on Saturday. I still managed a bit of yoga, walking, and cycling, so I'm good with that. The 23 miles went great as you've already read from my previous entry, and this week I plan to take it a bit easy also to recover properly from that hard effort and be ready to rock the Miracle Miles 15K on Saturday. I'm treating this race as a marathon dress-rehearsal, but even my marathon race pace should net me a 15K PR since the only other time I raced this distance was at the same race 2 years ago, unless we count the Founder's Day distance dare last year but I think I can pull off something close to 1:40. We shall see.


Week Summary: ran 32.5 miles; walked 10 miles; biked 5.5 miles; 25m yoga (x1); 0 core/strength
  • Mon - walked 3.8 miles
  • Tue - walked 2 miles; ran 4.5 miles
  • Wed - walked 1 mile
  • Thu - ran 5 miles (ladder); walked 3.5 miles
  • Fri - REST! Slept-in util 7 am! :)
  • Sat - 23 miles! 25m yoga; walked 5.5 miles
  • Sun - 1 hour massage
Goals for this Week: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails