Monday, September 12, 2011

Marathon 2 Training - Week 15

Great easy week. It was a low millage week, but I made the most of it with some quality workouts and lots of cross training. It felt great to fit in all that yoga and core/strength workouts, but I think I was a little burned out of it by Sunday because I did absolutely nothing, not even yoga or walking or my bonus run (I had already met my goal of running 20 miles so didn't feel the need to push it).

I have a tempo run tomorrow and speed work on Thursday, but I may keep those a bit short to conserve energy for Saturday when I'll tackle 23 miles; I'm so ready! I finally registered for the Miracle Miles 15K in 2 weeks, and I'm really excited about that. Life is good :)

Week Summary: ran 21 miles; walked 12 miles; biked 7 miles; 1.5h yoga (x5); 40m core/strength (x3)
  • Mon - walked 1.3 miles; 19m core; 20m yoga
  • Tue - walked 4.3 miles; ran 5.2 miles (tempo); 23.5m yoga (2); 10m kick
  • Wed - 24m yoga; walked 1 mile; 11m core/strength
  • Thu - ran 6.1 miles (track/mile repeats); walked 3.5 miles; 25m yoga
  • Fri - walked 1.7 miles
  • Sat - ran 9.5 miles; biked 6.75 miles
  • Sun - REST :) 
Goals for this Week: 
  • run 30 miles
  • 23 mile long run
  • walk 13 miles
  • bike x1
  • yoga x3
  • core/strength x2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails