Saturday, March 29, 2008

Race Report: 2 Mile Race in 28:54

day103: 28:54
@ CNLBank 31st Annual Winter Park 2 Mile Road Race

I walked/jogged my first race today and it was amazing. I walked most of the way, jogged every so often, and sprinted to the finish line in just under 29 minutes (28:54)! I am extatic that I finished under 30 minutes since it has been taking me 35-40 minutes to walk 2 miles. But it is totally different when you are surrounded by other runners and have strangers cheering you on. I had already planned on jugging at the very end as I crossed the finish line; when I neared the finish line and saw that it was less then 3 minutes under 30, the addrenaline kicked in and I sprinted there with over a minute to spare! This really is an incredible feeling and we are already planning the next few races. Next up is a 5k at Windermere on April 12th. My goal for this first 5k is to finish it under 45 minutes, but I haven't even tried to walk this yet, so we'll see.

Kitzzy finishes in 28:54
Here are my official stats for today's race:

Race Length: 2 Miles
1 Mile Time: 14:30ish (I don't remember the exact number)
Total Time: 28:54
Overall Place: 336 / 406
Division (Women 25-29) Place: 30 / 36
Gender Place: 208 / 260

I mentioned having specific fitness goals in my last post; I gave this a bit more thought and here is what I came up with for my current fitness/health goals (will adjust as needed):

- lose the fat on my belly and thighs
- get fit (build appropriate muscle, endurance, and stamina)
- get down to a comfortable weight within the range of my ideal body weight (depending on where you look, somewhere between 105-135)
- fit into size 6 pants (I didn't even think this would be possible, but now size 8 pants are starting to fit loosely, so I think this will be a reality soon)
- run 1 mile without running out breath (eventually I want to be able to run a 5k, but one step at a time)
- walk/jog a 5k (then a 10k)
- complete The Gauntlet at Florida's Finder's Fest at a competitive pace without feeling faint
- complete the Urban Dare at a competitive pace without feeling faint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails