Saturday, February 5, 2011

Race Report: Lady Track Shack 5K

This was my first race of 2011. It is an all women's race and a fundraiser for breast cancer. I wore my new blue running skirt, black top, and black knee high socks. I biked to the race as my warm up, then walked and jogged for a few minutes before the start.

With almost 1800 participants, it was a very crowded start and I probably ran more than 3.1 miles with all the weaving around because I started too far back. The route reminded me of the Watermelon 5K. It was scenic, but I did not care for all the bricks. I missed a PR by 20 seconds, finishing in 32:30. That's not bad considering how crowded it was, byt I was a little disappointed because I felt like I gave up when I realized I would not meet my goal of finishing in 31 minutes. By the time I realized I could still PR (32:10), it was too late to push harder. I haven't race a 5K in a LONG time, so I'm over it and will try again soon. I still hate 5Ks =P 

  • Clock - 34:32 
  • Chip - 32:30 
  • Overall - 561 / 1795 
  • AG - 91 / 257
  • Splits - 11:12 - 10:28 - 10:01 - 52s 
  • Intervals -  2/1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails