Thursday, February 10, 2011

Daily Challenge by MeYou Health

I joined the Daily Challenge by MeYou Health because I love challenges =) They really motivate me to better myself when I can check things I've done off a list.

From their site:
The Daily Challenge is a social well-being experience that gives you the opportunity to positively impact your life every day by doing simple daily challenges and sharing the experience with your personal connections -- all while you earn points, collect stamps and achieve new levels.
I don't want to spam anyone so I didn't send out any invites, but if anyone decides to do it I'd love to connect and follow along. The challenges include all aspects of well being, such as emotional health, physical health, and even financial health, which is awesome.

Yesterday's challenge was to
... include at least one food that contains omega-3 fatty acids like walnuts, ground flaxseed, or cold-water fish like salmon, tuna, and herring. Some fruits and vegetables like cantaloupe, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, and spinach contain omega-3s too.
It was great to confirm that I already incorporate this into my diet with flaxseed and spinach. Upon seeing "ground flaxseed" on the list, I wondered why I never see "whole flaxseeds" in recipes, so I googled it and found this:
Most nutrition experts recommend ground flaxseed because your body is better able to digest it. Whole flaxseed may pass through your intestine undigested, which means you won't get all the health benefits.
I should have looked this up long ago. We've been using whole flaxseeds in our granola all this time, so last night added them grounded to our latest batch of granola.

Today's challenge was to request a copy of my credit report, which you can get for free every 12 months from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/ I've been meaning to do this again for a while, but always put it off, so this was just the push I needed. There were no surprises. yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails