Monday, February 14, 2011

MBE: Keeping it Fun in Extreme Weather

This Weeks Monday Brain Exchange Question: 

Do you deal with any types of extreme weather where you live? Heat warnings, a lot of snow, frequent tornados? How do you keep your workouts fresh and fun when you are stuck indoors?
I am thankful that Florida does not experience very extreme weather, except for lots of rain during hurricane season, and it get pretty hot and humid during the summer. The rain is pretty predictable, so I can usually plan my runs around it. During the summer, I get up early to finish my runs before it gets too hot/humid. In the winter, I can sleep in because it's cool enough to run later in the day. LOVE his!

I love exercising outdoors, and avoid the gym like the plague, so I've acquired the right gear to maximize my outdoor workouts. When I absolutely must exercise indoors, I focus on yoga. I have a ton of 15-20 min yoga podcasts from http://yogamazing.com/ that I can rotate between to keep things fresh. I also have some yoga and kickboxing videos I can do for more variety and indoor cardio. This morning I started the day with a fitdeck workout. These are the perfect tool to keep your workouts fresh because even if you do the same deck every day (I have 4) it will still be different if you shuffle the deck. For more resources, check out my Home Workouts Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails