Friday, December 3, 2010

OUC HM Pre-Race Musings

Tomorrow I will run the OUC Half Marathon for the 3rd year in a row. This was my 1st half marathon two years ago, my 3rd last year, and tomorrow's will be my 7th half marathon. This still astonishes me. Every time I want to feel sorry for myself because I'm not fast enough, or a race didn't go as planned, or I am hurt, I pause and think back to all that I've accomplished in just 2.5 years.

Because I ran a half marathon last weekend, and didn't hold any punches, my plan for tomorrow is to enjoy myself. My primary goal is just to finish and thus become a half fanatic, but I would really like to at least get a course PR (< 2:38:56). I'm still going to run my heart out, listen to my body, and hope for the best.  If I can stand it, I'm going to run naked--that is without a watch or my iPhone. This is how I ran it the first time (not by choice) and I had a great time and did better than expected. I know it will kill me to not have that data to analyze later; I do love my data :) Maybe I'll bring my camera and take photos of the clocks at the mile markers lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails