Sunday, January 3, 2010

At Home Workouts

If you follow my dailymile feed, you've seen I do a lot of cross training during the week to supplement my running: yoga, core, strength, and kickboxing. Most of these I do in the comfort of my own home, and I wanted to share with you my toolbox for my at home workouts.

Yoga
  • YOGAmazing video podcasts - this is what I do most of the time. Each video is about 20 minutes long with a specific focus (runners, cyclists, hamstrings, abs, etc). You can download the last 20 or so podcasts from iTunes for free, or buy older ones from the archives for $1.99. 
  • Yoga Conditioning for Athletes - this DVD includes a 1 hour practice geared towards athletes plus several sport specific mini workouts (cycling, running, golf, swimming, and tennis) about 3-5 mins each that can be used as a pre/post run stretch 
  • A.M. Yoga for Your Week - this DVD has 5 different 20-25 minute yoga sessions to start the day: staning poses, back bends, forward bends, twists, and hip openners. They are great to start the day or as a cool down stretch after a long run.
  • Yoga Core Cross Train - This DVD includes two core yoga workouts: 30 minute strength building, 30 minute restorative, targeting the total body and suitable for any age or experience level.
Kickboxing
Core/Strength
What are your favorite at home workouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails