2009 Goals Update
- sub-30 5K - No - PR = 33:12
- sub-70 10K - didn't run any 10Ks
- sub- 2:35 Half Marathon - No
- first Sprint Duathlon - YES!
- first Marathon - training now for Feb 2010
- (maybe) first Sprint Triathlon - YES!
- Complete at least 30 items from my 101 things in 1001 days list
- Complete my first marathon!
- Complete my first olympic triathlon
- Complete the Tri 2010 dailymile challenge - run/bike/swin at least a total of 2010 miles in tri proportions: swim 60, bike 1568, run/walk 382
- Do a long run of at least 6-10 miles each week during triathlon season (will increase starting in June when I begin training for my 2nd marathon -- WHAT?) This should give me a minimum of 12 - 18 miles per week.
- Run/walk 700 miles (58/month; 14/week)
- Bike 1750 miles (146/month; 34/week)
- Swim 1 mile non-stop
- Exercise 365 hours - this includes all sports and cross training (1 hour/day)
- Run a 5K in under 30 minutes or at least a new PR
- Run a 10K without walking
- Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2:35 or at least at a new PR
- Maintain my weight at under 125 lbs
Tentative 2010 Racing Schedule
(this is very tentative and will change, especially the triathlons or anything after May. Items in bold are confirmed.)
- 01/23 - 26 mile Marathon Training Run
- 02/06 - UCF Adventure Race
- 02/21 - Breast Cancer Marathon Relay (5 miles)
- 02/28 - Gasparilla Marathon
- 03/13 - Winter Park Road Race Distance Dare (10K + 2 mile)
- 04/15 - Corporate 5K
- 05/08 - Muddy Buddy Orlando
- 06/19 - Heartland Triathlon
- 06/27 - Morton Plant Mease Triathlon
- 07/17 - Central Florida Tri Series #2
- 08/14 - Athletes Who Care Reverse Triathlon
- 09/12 - Florida Challenge Triathlon (olympic distance)
- 10/31 - Athens Classic Marathon (in Greece! I hope I can make this happen)
- 11/13 - Urban Dare Orlando
- 11/?? - Space Coast Half Marathon
So that's my plan for now. I'll adjust it as the year goes on and racing calendars are finalized at the various sites. If you have a suggestions for a not-to-be-missed race, or goal I overlooked, post it in the comments.