Monday, October 11, 2010

124 Miles! (Week 40 Recap)

This was an amazing week. I logged a total of 124 miles, and finally got back into a well-rounded exercise routine. The weather has been amazing, so I've been biking to work a lot. It's still hard to bike every single day, and specially on days when I run, so I've been biking in the mornings and taking the bus home for at least part of the way. This has proved to be a good compromised that lets me enjoy the awesome weather but not destroy my legs so I can still run. I know all the cycling helps my running too, as long as I don't get hurt or over do it.

I ran 5 times this week (twice in one day), for a total of 23 miles, including a 10 mile run! I'm really excited! I also kept up with my push ups, started doing core workouts, and did lots of yoga. I think this is why I've been feeling so strong during my runs and had no pain. The plantar fasciitis is still there, but the discomfort is minimal and very manageable.

Last night I finally figured out what I'll wear for the Miami Beach Halloween Half Marathon in 3 weeks (still need to get a few pieces, but the idea is fully formed in my head), so now I'm really looking forward to that race. I can't even remember the last time I ran a race, so it feels good to be back into the groove.

Week Totals (rounded)

  • run - 23 miles (5x)
  • walk - 3 miles 
  • bike - 98 miles (7x)
  • strength/core - 85 push ups - week 2 of challenge + 15 min FitDeck core workout
  • yoga - 3+ hours (8x)
  • total - 124 miles / 17.5 hours
I know this makes me look like an exercised crazed person, but keep in mind that 80% of these miles were from my work commute. While that is still exercise, the purpose of those is to get from point A to point B, so I don't push the pace if I don't want to.

Workout Summary

See details on Dailymile
  • Monday 
    • ran 2.5 miles; 
    • biked 24 miles (work commute)
    • 26 push ups
  • Tuesday
    • biked 31 miles (work commute)
    • 23m yoga
  • Wednesday 
    • ran 6.5 miles in am
    • 19m yoga 
    • ran 2 miles in pm
  • Thursday 
    • biked 25 miles (work commute)
    • 29 push ups
    • 15m core
    • 20m yoga
  • Friday 
    • 18m yoga (on the bus)
    • ran 2 miles
    • walked 1 mile
    • 10m post-run yoga stretches 
  • Saturday 
    • 1.5 hr yoga (2 sessions)
    • biked 17 miles (errands)
    • walked 2 miles (sak) 
    • 30 push ups
  • Sunday
    • ran 10 miles
    • 19m yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails