Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three Things Thursday: Running, Push Ups, Bike Bus

sunrise during morning run
Sunrise during morning run
on Research Parkway
1) I had a great run this morning, which  let me enjoy the cool weather and see the sunrise! I usually do not have time or enough sunlight to run before catching the bus to work, so I got creative :) I took an earlier bus (which meant leaving my apartment just after 6 am), then got off on Alafaya and ran 3 miles to work. Running down Alafaya is not the best, but running into the sunrise on Research Parkway and the nice morning breeze was well worth it. It was good enough to make me run a little faster and have negative splits: 11:55 -11:51 - 11:29.

2) I did day 2 of the push up challenge last night, and managed 17 full push ups (3 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 5)! Yes! =D I almost forgot to do it. I was so sore from Sunday, that I had to take 2 rest days in between. I'm hoping that next week my muscles will start to adapt and I can do them every other day. I'm actually not too sore today. I've also been rocking the yoga and stretching every chance I get. The foot is achy from time to time, but overall it feels good more often than not. Yay! :)

3) The UCF Bike Bus is still riding strong, and we'll be representing at the One Less Car Expo this Saturday. Check out my latest Bike Bus Update at Commute Orlando.

UCF Bike Bus
UCF Bike Bus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails