Saturday, December 26, 2009

Marathon Training Update = 10 Miles Solo!

This has been a great week of running milestones. On Tuesday and Thursday, I ran 5 miles without any walk breaks in just over 1 hour. This morning, I ran 10 miles by myself -- the most I had ever run without a group was 7 miles. I feel great knowing that I could easily train for a future half marathon on my own now.

After this morning's run, I've run 20 miles this week, which is a lot for a week when I don't have a really long run. I've run 79 miles in December so far, the most ever, and still have 2 more runs before the end of the year. I hope to finish the year with at least 555 miles. I'll write a year in review post next week after I've done all my runs for the year, which will include 2009 stats, graphs, and goals for 2010.

In the meantime, you can read the full details of each of these milestone runs at dailymile:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails