Results: 2:38:56 (official chip time)
Photos on Flickr - Jason was amazing and biked throughout the course taking pictures of us.
In lieu of a full race report, here are the live updates I posted during the race to my twitter account via TwitterFone. These have been edited to correct mis-transcriptions when it couldn't make out what I was saying (probably because I was breathing too hard =P).
- (6:15) Driving to the race site. Will try to tweet my splits with Twitterfone.
- (6:21) Maybe not every mile, but at least each 5k or so. I may be too distracted though :)
- (7:10) About to cross the start line. Here we go.
- Mile 1 14:50 clock time. Garmin's in the fritz, so no net time.
- Mile 2 27:08 clock time.
- Mile 3 39:15 clock time. weather's great.
- Live band at water stop 2; saw Amy at water stop 1 and Jason just after mile 3. Thanks guys.
- Mile 5 1:03:40 "Eye of the Tiger" playing at water stop. Support is awesome.
- Mile 7 1:28:12 Think my right foot may be blistering. Feeling good though.
- Mile 9 1:52:40 tired legs.
- Mile 10 Only 5k to go. No clock so I don't know what's the time.
- Mile 11 2:16:52. May be last tweet. Will try to run last mile straight. Bye.
- It's done! 2:41:50 clock time. Wow. I can't believe how emotional I feel.
- I can't believe I cried. I feel amazing!
- Chip time 2:38:56!!
- Free beer at the finish. Great reward for Jason who gave great support; he biked the course & took pics
- Going to the farmer's market for some veggie chips and an omelet :) oh yeah, I guess we'll get some produce while we're there.
- Yup, got a blister on my right foot. Battle scar! =)