|Wood Line in the Presidio|
- Sat 11/10: Finished the race at 11 pm with knee/it band so painful that even moving it an inch was excruciating.
- Sun 11/11: Still sore everywhere below belly button, but knee felt much better. I could move it and bend it just fine. Braved the stairs and went on a short 1 mile roundtrip walk for lunch and my celebratory milkshake.
- Mon 11/12: Knee was nearly pain free, but my calves were painfully tight. Spent the day laying on the recliner with compression sleeves resting my legs.
- Tue 11/13: Ran 2 miles! I was shocked I could run so soon when I felt so awful at the end of the race. I still had a few minor sore spots, but for the most part this felt really good. I kept it short and slow just in case.
- Wed 11/14: Walked 2 miles to hear Scott Jurek speak.
- Thu 11/15: Ran 3 miles, a little faster than Tuesday. Everything felt good. I also walked 2 miles to the store in the evening.
- Fri 11/16: Was feeling a little worn out, so took it easy and just rested.
- Sat 11/17: Walked 2 miles to volunteer for a race.
- Sun 11/18: Ran my own 10K and felt great!
- Mon 11/19: Ran 3 miles, 2 on trails. Felt really good, but a little tired.
I plan to take it easy tomorrow, with perhaps a short walk or bike ride trip to the store, run easy on Wednesday, and then run a marathon on Friday.