Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Recap: Goals



Goal Status
Complete at least 30 items from my 101 things in 1001 days list. Yes! I've completed 35 items so far, and have others in progress. I changed my approach to this a bit from the original plan, but it is still serving it's purpose well. I'll go into more details in a separate post.
Complete my first marathon! Yes! Read the race report. It was an amazing experience and I cannot wait to do it again. I applied for the NYC marathon lottery again, and if I do not get in I hope to run the Space Coast Marathon in November.
Complete my first olympic triathlon No. I only did one sprint triathlon, and it didn't go so well. I decided to focus on running instead. I may try an olympic distance duathlon  instead.
Complete the Tri 2010 dailymile challenge - run/bike/swin at least a total of 2010 miles in tri proportions: swim 60, bike 1568, run/walk 382 Yes and No. I covered a total of 2572 miles, but not in those proportions. My swimming was practically non-existant, but the biking and running more than made up for it. I'll post full distance/time stats and graphs for all sports in a separate post when Dailymile publishes the annual reports.
Do a long run of at least 6-10 miles/week (total of 12 - 18 miles per week) Yes, for the most part. I am sure there were a few weeks when I did not, due to injury or some other conflict, but I kept up with running pretty regularly throughout the year.
Run/walk 700 miles (58/month; 14/week) Yes! I ran 686 miles and walked 326 miles for a total of 1,012 miles.
Bike 1750 miles (146/month; 34/week) No, but 1552 miles is still an improvement over the 1487 miles in 2009.
Swim 1 mile non-stop No, I stopped swimming after the triathlon break up. I'll attempt this again someday, but not anytime soon.
Exercise 365 hours (1 hour/day) Yes! 439 hours (37/mo; 8.4/wk; 1.2/day)
Run a 5K in under 30 minutes (or PR) Yes! New PR is 32:10, and improvement of 1:02
Run a 10K without walking Yes! My longest non-stop run was 7.5 miles.
Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2:35 (or PR) Yes and Yes! :) I PR and ran 2 under 2:35.
Maintain my weight at under 125 lbs Kinda. My weight fluctuates between 125-130, and I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails