Friday, February 5, 2010

Adventure Racing

day 07/30 - handyman
I've run 5Ks, 10Ks, a 15K, half marathons, and I will run my first marathon in 3 weeks. Last year, I put my cross training and bike communing to good use and ventured beyond running to complete a duathlon (run-bike-run). I went outside my comfort zone, conquering my fear of swimming in a lake, and completed a few sprint triathlons. Tomorrow, I go one step further.

I will be participating with Team "Duck Duck Goose" in the UCF Adventure Race. The OA Annual Super Adventure Race is a sprint adventure race, taking teams about 3 hours to complete, that is fun for all types of racers whether they are seasoned or just a beginner. We don't know exactly what it will involve, but the site says to be prepared for lots of challenges, teamwork, climbing, paddling, navigation and a seriously great time.

I'll get to use my mountain bike, which has been seriously neglected since I bought it. Since there will be running involved too, we (by we, I mean Jason) had to change the clipless pedals so I can ride with regular shoes (see photo mosaic). Since we don't know exactly what to expect, I have no goals for this race other than to do my best and have FUN! This should be a blast and just the distraction we need to fend off taper madness :) I'm excited for the new adventure, and I will post all about it tomorrow night along what crazy adventure I'm considering next ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails