Those taking their Marathon Maiden Voyage in Tampa will be issued a Special Marathon Maiden Voyage Race Number, and at the Gasparilla Marathon Finish Line, pirates will be waiting to present a Marathon Maiden Voyage Finisher’s Medal and ring the ship's bell to commemorate the crossing.How cool is that!? And how cool is this medal?
I went for an amazing run this morning with the Galloway group--my first in months. We did 6 easy miles using 2:1 and I felt great. Next week it's the Trek Tri and that will suffice for my run, but the following week I run 10 miles. I haven't run that in a long time, so I'll take it slow and maybe drop down to 1:1 to ease back into it. I plan to continue biking and swimming for cross training, but will need to make running my focus to be ready for the marathon. My weekly training will probably consist of 2 bike to work days, 1 swim, 2 mid-week runs of 3-6 miles, and 1 long-run on Saturdays. I'll sprinkle other races in the mix to keep me motivated (and hopefully run a sub-30 5K), but I will have to hold back some in order to prepare for and recover from the long runs properly.
Here's my racing schedule (subject to change) until the Marathon:
- 09.06.09 - Trek Women Sprint Triathlon (1/2 mile swim - 12 mile bike - 3.1 run)
- 09.13.09 - Assault on Sugarloaf (31 mile bike ride on Clermont hills)
- 09.26.09 - Miracle Miles 15K
- 10.18.09 - U Can Finish 7 Mile Distance Dare (5 miler + 2 miler)
- 10.24.09 - Women's Tri Festival (Relay - Bike Leg - 12.4 miles)
- 11.15.09 - Founder's Day 10k (or 15K Distance Dare) OR Horrible Hundred (35 mile bike ride)
- 12.05.09 - OUC Half Marathon
- 02.21.10 - Breast Cancer Marathon Relay (5 or 6.2 miles)
- 02.28.10 - Gasparilla Marathon